2018 MFA Studio Art, Maryland Institute College of Art
2012 BFA, Major in Painting, Minor in Ceramics, Savannah College of Art & Design
2019 “Let’s Get Physical,” Art Center Sarasota, Sarasota, FL, (May 30 – July 6)
2018 “Do you even?,” thesis exhibition, Leidy Gallery, Baltimore, MD
2017 “Work it out,” Cunsthaus, Tampa, FL
2017 “Strips,” Gallery 3, Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, FL
2015 “Hack, Twist, Lift: Cutting the Paint,” Bamboozle, Tampa, FL
- Hall-Barnett Gallery, New Orleans, LA (upcoming August)
- “INTRO: Annual Summer Invitational,” GAZE Modern, Sarasota, FL (upcoming July)
- Flat Files Program, The Mast, Atlanta, GA
- “Touchy Feely,” Mainsite Contemporary Art, Norman, OK
- “Foundations: An Art Exhibition Celebrating HCC’s 50th Anniversary,” Hillsborough Community College Ybor City Gallery, Tampa, FL
- “La La Land,” Hall-Barnett Gallery, New Orleans, LA
- “Unframed,” Willow Street Gallery, Washington, DC
- “Show #47: Deep Stretch,” curated by Sara Salamone and Tyler Lafreniere of Mrs. Gallery, Field Projects, New York, NY
- “Primed,” Red Door No. 5, Tampa, FL
- “WTF,” Hall-Barnett Gallery, New Orleans, LA
- “Construct,” Palmetto Art Center, Palmetto, FL
- “Le Papier,” Dunedin Fine Art Center, Dunedin, FL
- MICA 2nd and 3rd Year Show, Riggs and Leidy Galleries, Baltimore, MD
- “SKYWAY: A Contemporary Collaboration,” Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg, FL
- “Construct,” Centre Gallery, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- “Summer Salon,” Portspace Gallery, Gulfport, FL
- “Construct,” Gallery AIA, Ybor City, FL
- “Made in Paint,” Sam and Adele Golden Gallery, New Berlin, NY
- 8th Annual All-Media Juried Biennial, juried by Katherine Pill, Curator of Contemporary Art at the Museum of Fine Arts St. Pete, Art and Culture Center, Hollywood, FL
- “Small Works 2016,” Gutstein Gallery, Savannah, GA
- “Points of Departure: An Exhibition without Borders,” John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan, WI
- “Elegant Simplicity,” Nightingale Gallery, Eastern Oregon University, La Grande, OR
- MICA 2nd and 3rd Year Show, Riggs and Leidy Galleries, Baltimore, MD
- MICA 1st Year Juried Show, Riggs and Leidy Galleries, Baltimore, MD
- “Modern Love,” Gutstein Gallery, Savannah, GA
- “Concept,” International Exhibition on Conceptual Art, Czong Institute for Contemporary Art Museum, Gimpo-si, South Korea
- “Faithfully Yours,” Rosenberg Gallery, Baltimore, MD
- “RBTL,” College Art Association’s Regional Exhibition, Katzen Art Center, American University, Washington, DC
- Bi-Monthly Show, Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, FL
- “Existential Musings of Ten Locals,” Bamboozle Café, Tampa, FL
- “Small Works 2015,” Gutstein Gallery, Savannah, GA
- “The Space We Share” ARTicles Art Gallery and Custom Framing Pop-up Show at Pinellas Park Better Block, Pinellas Park, FL
- “FIVE by FIVE,” Tampa Museum of Art, Tampa, FL
- “Landfall,” Gutstein Gallery, Savannah, GA
- “All-Florida Juried Exhibition,” juried by Wallace Wilson, Director of the School of Art and Art History and Professor of Studio Art at USF, Morean Arts Center, St. Petersburg, FL
- Pom Pom’s Teahouse Monthly Show, St. Petersburg, FL
- “Garden of Earthly Pleasures,” Florida CraftArt, St. Petersburg, FL
- “Salon Show,” Wandering Eye Gallery, Tampa, FL
- “Small Works 2014,” Gutstein Gallery, Savannah, GA
- “9×12 Works on Paper,” Fort Worth Community Arts Center, Fort Worth, TX
- “Hudson Valley Art Association’s 82nd Annual National Juried Exhibition,” Salmagundi Club Gallery, New York, NY
- “Immediate Surroundings,” Gutstein Gallery, Savannah, GA
- “FLOR500: Xavier Cortada Participatory Art Projects,” Graham Center Art Gallery, FIU College of Architecture + The Arts, Miami, FL
- “My·o·pi·a /is ür’ ōpēa/,” Ashmore Gallery, Savannah, GA
- “Out of the Fire: Annual SCAD Ceramics Student Juried Exhibition,” Desoto Row, Savannah, GA
- “Industrial Arts Center Instructor & Student Show,” Juxta Center Art Gallery, St. Petersburg, FL
- “Pautler Sisters,” Kaleisia, Tampa, FL
- “Aiding and Abetting: Tales of the Idiosyncratic,” Mr. Beast, Savannah, GA
- “Out of the Fire: Annual SCAD Ceramics Student Juried Exhibition,” EO Gallery, Savannah, GA
2018 Morris Graves Foundation, Loleta CA (Sept.-Oct.)
2018 The Bäsel House, Creative Writer in Residence, Tampa, FL (Jan.-Apr.)
2016 Sam D. Hamilton Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge, Brooksville, MS (Oct.)
2016 Sam and Adele Golden Foundation, New Berlin, NY (Aug.-Sept.)
2016 Morris Graves Foundation, Loleta, CA (April)
Awards and Honors
2019 Selected artist for the Tampa Bay Rays x Creative Pinellas Artist Series Prints (Citrus Series, Aug. 3-4), St. Petersburg, FL
2019 Professional Development for Artists Grant from the Arts Council of Hillsborough County and the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners, Tampa, FL
2018 Friends of the Gallery Patron Print Artist, University of Tampa, Tampa, FL
2018 MICA Fine Art Reviews
2017 Meyerhoff You+ Graduate Fellowship
2017 New American Paintings South Competition, Cover Artist
2017 Nominated for Dedalus Foundation MFA Fellowship
2016 MICA Graduate Research Development Grant (Fall)
2016 MICA Graduate Research Development Grant (Spring)
2015 “Raymond James Gasparilla Festival of the Arts” Emerging Artist Program, Curtis Hixon Park, Tampa, FL
2015-18 Maryland Institute College of Art Studio Art Merit Scholarship
2015 ArtPop Tampa Billboard People’s Choice Winner
2015 Featured Artist on Baltimore LED Art Billboard
2008 ACA Scholars, Savannah College of Art and Design
Savannah College of Art and Design
Sam D. Hamilton Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge
University of Tampa
Hillsborough Community College
Lectures, Panels, and Talks
2019 “Getting Physical: Gender Issues and Body Politics in the Gym,” artist panel, Art Center Sarasota, Sarasota, FL (upcoming June 19, 6-9 p.m.)
2019 Artist talk, University of Tampa, Tampa, FL
2018 Performance, “Do you even?,” Fred Lazarus IV Lecture Hall, Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD
2018 Panel Moderator, “Known Unknowns” exhibition, Studio@620, St. Petersburg, FL
2018 Judge Panelist, Scholastic Art & Writing Awards for Hillsborough County, Tampa, FL
2017 Panelist, “Skyway” exhibition, Tampa Museum of Art, Tampa, FL
2016 Artist lecture/Demonstration, Sam D. Hamilton Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge, Brooksville, MS
2016 Panelist, The Filmme Guild and The MFA Present: “Daisies,” Museum of Fine Art, St. Pete, FL
2014 Post-baccalaureate art classes, University of South Florida
2011 Corning Museum of Glass, summer program with Bill Gudenrath
2011 Penland School of Crafts, summer program with Sam Stang
2010 Pilchuck Glass School, summer program with Tom Moore
2009 Pilchuck Glass School, summer program with Sonja Blomdahl
- Byron, Su. “’Parts Unknown exhibit features ‘Monumental,’ ‘The Other Other’, ‘Let’s Get Physical: Works by Caitlin Albritton’ and ‘Made Fresh.’” Sun Herald. Sun Newspapers, 29 May 2019. Web.
- Weintraub, Linda. What’s Next? Eco Materialism and Contemporary Art. Chicago: Intellect, The University of Chicago Press, 2019. Print.
- “Caitlin Albritton, 2019 AC Professional Development Artist Grant Recipient.” Arts Council of Hillsborough County. 11 March 2019. Web.
- Blanco, Joshua. “Extra Texture.” Oklahoma Gazette. Tierra Media, Inc., 24 Oct. 2018. Web.
- “Invest in Art Class of 2018.” Invest in Art 2018 Report. Saatchi Art, Oct. 2018: 20. Print.
- Klingensmith, Kristen. “MAINSITE Contemporary Art’s ‘Touchy-Feely’ exhibit to give audiences a feel for dimensional paintings.” OUDaily. The Oklahoma Daily, 25 Sept. 2018. Web.
- Oehmke, A.F. “Grad Show IV: Studio Art.” Bmore Art. Bmore Art, 29 June 2018. Web.
- “Awards and Recognition.” MICA Commotion, Issue Nº5, Fall 2017, pp. 36.
- Chapin, James. “Get an artsy-heightsy workout with Caitlin Albritton.” Creative Loafing Tampa 31 Aug. 2017: 5. Print.
- Fugate, Marty. “Skyway exhibit bridges regional arts community.” Herald Tribune. GateHouse Media, LLC, 4 Aug. 2017. Web.
- New American Paintings, South. Issue 130. Cover. Boston: Open Press Studios. June 2017. Print.
- Sheehan, Keeley. “The Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg presents ‘Skyway: A Contemporary Collaboration.’” St. Pete Patch. Patch Media, 23 June 2017. Web.
- Bennett, Lennie. “Three-museum ‘Skyway’ exhibit unites Tampa Bay through art.” Tampa Bay Times. Tampa Bay Times, 22 June 2017. Web.
- Chapin, James. “Skyway show unites: Major museums open their doors to the talent in their backyard.” Creative Loafing Tampa. SouthComm Inc., 20 June 2017. Web.
- “MFA launches exhibit ‘Skyway: A Contemporary Collaboration.’” Tampa Bay Newspapers. Tampa Bay Newspapers, 19 June 2017. Web.
- Skyway: A Contemporary Collaboration. Clearwater: Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg; Sarasota: The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art; and Tampa: Tampa Museum of Art, 2018. Print.
- Golden, Emma. “Made in Paint 2017.” Just Paint. Golden Artist Colors, Inc., 15 May 2017. Web.
- Benton, Charlie. “Refuge artist gives demonstration.” Starkville Daily News. The Starkville Daily News, 23 Oct. 2016. Web.
- Shanklin, Will. “Artist Profile.” Baltimore LED Art Billboard. Shanklin Media. 31 Aug. 2015. Web.
- Samman, Shaker. “Public art projects coming to Hillsborough.” Tampa Bay Times. Tampa Bay Times, 29 June 2015. Web.
- Enger, Diane. “First ArtPop Tampa billboards go up along busy local streets.” 83 Degrees Media. Issue Media Group, 28 June 2015. Web.
- Garisto, Julie. “ArtPop Tampa billboard winners announced.” Creative Loafing Tampa. 7 Jun 2015. Art Breaker Web. 8 June 2015.
- “ArtPop Tampa Artists!” Arts Council Hillsborough County. N.p. n.d. Web. 8 June 2015
- Simons, Terri. “ArtPop People’s Choice Artist Announced.” Art Council Hillsborough County. 4 Jun 2015. Web.
- “Shows to See: April/May 2015.” American Craft Council. American Craft Council, 16 Mar. 2015. Web.
2019- Adjunct Professor, University of Tampa, Tampa, FL (Foundations Drawing and 2D Design)
Selected Related Work Experience
2017-current Contributor for 83 Degrees Media
2018 Contributor for the Arts Council of Hillsborough County
2015-18 Contributor for Creative Loafing Tampa Magazine
2016-18 Visual Arts Critic for Creative Loafing Tampa Magazine